Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Spirit Encounters

From: "freespirit" <freespirit@spirituality2000.org>
Subject: Spirit Encounters

Date: Friday, 16 August 2002 2:38 PM



There is a form of Spirit encounter that is not talked about very often and I personally have not found it in written form, yet it is common and many of us may have experienced already. Spirit adopts a physical form that we are most comfortable with. This physical form differs from person to person but is always one that will not alarm us, so much so it often goes unnoticed. The meeting can be almost anywhere but again care is taken so it does not cause alarm or distress.


It could be a little old lady sitting on a park bench who for some reason we find ourselves confiding in. Perhaps a small child playing with a ball, that turns and smiles uplifting our spirit. Sometimes it is a person that enters our life for the briefest of moments, a child born to us, a friend, even a partner is among the possibilities. What ever the form there is an impact on our lives that bring about changes. Not seen in its fullness without the benefit of hind sight.

Encounters with spirit have no requirement to be of so called paranormal or supernatural origins yet we (non personal) narrow our vision and minds to these areas. The majority of encounters pass unnoticed hidden by limited vision.
Take care
Dave

----------------------------------------

From: "The Hermit" <angelofold@yahoo.com>

Subject: Re: Spirit Encounters

Date: Sunday, 18 August 2002 6:53 PM


There is a form of Spirit encounter that is not talked about very often and I personally have not found it in written form, yet it is common and many of us may have experienced already. Spirit adopts a physical form that we are most comfortable with. This physical form differs from person to person but is always one that will not alarm us, so much so it often goes unnoticed. The meeting can be almost anywhere but again care is taken so it does not cause alarm or distress.

Which Biblical writer was it who said: many have entertained angels without knowing.? I think it may have been chauvinist Paul :-) Your post reminds me of the angel who sat on my bed during one of my 'death strolls'...which in turn reminds me of Cliff Richard's....I remember her touch so soft on my brow and the way that she said, Hermit go to sleep now. (No, it wasn't Cliff with wings and a dress) I suppose my experience is different as I knew what she was. And you know why I knew...as she refused the piece of chocolate I offered her. Ever know a woman to knock back a perfectly good piece of chocolate? And those eyes, man, those eyes...the eternal knowing...recognition...the compassion as she glanced into my own. And besides, the 18th century nurses gear she wore was a bit of a give away...either that or she was very old fashioned. But I suppose I can overlook that. I'm an old fashioned sorta guy myself. The whole thing lasted about 2 minutes, and I was just about to ask her for a date when she got up and walked out.

It could be a little old lady sitting on a park bench who for some reason we find ourselves confiding in. Perhaps a small child playing with a ball, that turns and smiles uplifting our spirit. Sometimes it is a person that enters our life for the briefest of moments, a child born to us, a friend, even a partner is among the possibilities. What ever the form there is an impact on our lives that bring about changes. Not seen in its fullness without the benefit of hind sight.

I suppose more in line with what you're getting at I forward this comment. I think I mentioned it several years ago. I used to be one of the 'big chiefs' of a large ICI chemical complex. The operators used to call me the 'Priest'. Well...it all began with the night before....in a galaxy...far, far away...when I took my then partner on a UFO journey to show her some alien life forms...so we landed in some inhospitable environment....and the critters I wanted to show her were like slaters, only a foot or so in diameter...not what you would take as a house pet. Hundreds of them had gathered around the craft...slimy little buggers they were. Naturally, she didn't remember our little journey.

Anyway, the following morning I go to work. Entering the supervisors office to check up on the previous night's stuff ups and to decide whose arse needed to be kicked, I stumbled onto about ten operators gathered in the office, as they were changing shifts, and the room went suddenly deathly silent on my entrance. I sprung them probably back stabbing me...which was okay..it's only natural to back stab your boss. So, putting on my best look of arrogance I unlocked my locker (where I keep my rubber strap and steel capped boots) when this piece of paper floated to the floor. Somebody had left me a note. How kind I thought. Anyway, it was a rough drawing....a round spaceship with round windows, with two faces peering out, a man and a woman...they were peering at all these slater like critters gathered around the ship.

Ahhhh, I thought, now I know the sudden silence....some turkey was trying to take the mickey out of me. Very interesting. The men, still silent, probably expecting a reaction or a lecture, were left disappointed. I just released a sly sinister grin and neatly folded the paper and slipped it into my pocket. 'It wasn't me, Mr. Hermit.' One of the men ventured, and I knew it wasn't, as the guilty party was busy writing in the log book...trying to be oblivious of the situation, but with a stupid grin on his face. He was a young buck, practical joker, and, seeing he was finishing shift, knew he would be spared from the Hermit's wrath as the day progressed.

In reality I felt like giving him a long lost brotherly hug for providing me with the evidence that I needed to wave in front of my partner's face. In either case she always believed what I tell her but conformation from outside sources always comes in handy. I had saved this paper for many years as a momentum...its been through a fire, rats have tried to nest with it,but alas, things eventually meet their end. What amused me the most was that the powers to be chose an apparently ignorant young whipper snapper to convey my needed conformation. Perhaps I should have told the snapper the truth behind his little joke, but that would have spoiled my satisfaction. Little did he realize the very thing he was attempting to mock, was, in reality, mocking him. But that's not the end of the story. For the entire day the place was surrounded by a weird aura that everyone was aware of. Such is when spirit comes a callin.

Hermit

-----------------------------------------

Hi Walter

I expect you have experienced also the number of people who want desperately to believe and look for a personal spiritual experience as the proof they need. The experiences they seek falls into such a narrow band that they fail to recognise the spiritual encounters they do have. Sometimes a small nudge can change a whole future.

Take care

Dave

-------------------------------------------------------------




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers